Desk of Contents[Hide][Show]
With a large circle of relatives, homeschooling, and a house industry, I’m all the time on the lookout for fast foods. I love to make this oyakodon bowl as a super meal for busy nights. I make it in a single pan and upload snow peas to an already lovely wholesome dish for important diet. If you’re making Asian meals regularly, likelihood is that you might have lots of the components already on your pantry. This recipe is instantly changing into a favourite at my space!
What Is An Oyakodon Bowl?
An oyakodon bowl is a straightforward dish of hen, egg, broth, and seasoning. Oyakodon, funnily sufficient, interprets actually to “parent-and-child” rice bowl. The mum or dad is the hen and the kid is the egg. I like that this dish is filled with diet however simplest takes about 30 mins to make.
Tips on how to Make a Easy (and Wholesome) Oyakodon Bowl
Historically, oyakodon is made with a dashi broth (constituted of kelp and fish flakes), however I selected to make use of hen broth because it’s more uncomplicated to search out. I nearly all the time have some available. I additionally selected to make use of maple syrup instead of subtle sugar. Right here’s how I put it in combination:
- Combine hen broth, coconut aminos, and maple syrup and warmth.
- Prepare dinner onions and mushrooms within the broth combination after which upload the hen.
- When the hen is cooked, upload the crushed eggs and snow peas and prepare dinner till company.
- Spoon the combination over rice and serve.
It in point of fact is a straightforward, simple, and fast meal! I love to make additional to serve for lunch all through the week too.
In case you love the umami and candy flavors of Eastern meals or the highly spiced flavors of Thai meals, you’ll love those easy Asian foods:
- Asian Lettuce Wraps – After I’m on the lookout for one thing easy however filling for lunch I regularly make a choice those P.F. Chang copycat lettuce wraps.
- Mandarin Hen – Use almond flour for breading and simplest contemporary oranges and honey for sweetness. It’s as just right (regularly higher) than take-out!
- Grilled Thai Shrimp Recipe – I like shrimp and am all the time on the lookout for new techniques to serve it. This recipe is unassuming to make and can provoke a crowd.
- Asian Colour Burst Salad – After I’m on the lookout for one thing gentle and veggie-packed, I like to throw in combination this straightforward salad.
- Thai Hen Curry – My circle of relatives is changing into large enthusiasts of curry dishes and I’m an enormous fan of ways easy this one is. This recipe is a straightforward and affordable model of a cafe favourite.
- Chinese language Hen Stir-Fry – Stir-fries are one among my favourite foods for busy weeknights since they simply use one pan. This stir-fry is fast and simple to make and is stuffed with wholesome and nutrient-dense components.
I’ve additionally been identified to throw in combination some noodles like those spaghetti squash Asian noodles or shirataki noodles to head with the sort of foods or the oyakodon bowl.
Simple Oyakodon Bowl Recipe
A quick and simple Eastern dish with hen, egg, onion, and mushrooms served over rice.
- 2 cups hen broth
- ½ cup coconut aminos (or wheat loose tamari)
- 2 TBSP maple syrup
- 1 onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms (thinly sliced)
- 4 hen breasts (reduce into strips)
- 4 inexperienced onions (reduce into 1-inch items)
- 6 eggs (crushed)
- 12 snow peas (thinly sliced)
- 4 cups cooked white rice
In a saucepan, mix the hen broth, coconut aminos, and maple syrup.
Convey to a boil then cut back to low warmth.
Upload ¼ cup of this mix to a skillet and upload the sliced onion and mushrooms and prepare dinner for three mins.
Upload the rest sauce, hen, and inexperienced onions to the skillet and prepare dinner for every other 7 mins or till the hen is not crimson.
With out stirring, pour the crushed eggs into the skillet combination and cut back warmth to medium low.
Sprinkle the snow peas excessive and prepare dinner till the eggs are company.
Frivolously divide the rice between bowls and spoon the hen and egg combination over it.
Snow peas aren’t historically a part of this dish, however I really like them in it. Be happy to personalize it with your personal selection.
Energy: 669kcal | Carbohydrates: 67g | Protein: 65g | Fats: 14g | Saturated Fats: 4g | Ldl cholesterol: 390mg | Sodium: 1080mg | Potassium: 1352mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 9g | Nutrition A: 576IU | Nutrition C: 9mg | Calcium: 95mg | Iron: 3mg
Have you ever ever attempted an oyakodon bowl? How do you’re making it?