Desk of Contents[Hide][Show]
With a large circle of relatives, homeschooling, and a house industry, I’m at all times on the lookout for fast foods. I love to make this oyakodon bowl as a great meal for busy nights. I make it in a single pan and upload snow peas to an already lovely wholesome dish for vital diet. If you are making Asian meals steadily, likelihood is that you’ve got lots of the elements already to your pantry. This recipe is instantly turning into a favourite at my area!
What Is An Oyakodon Bowl?
An oyakodon bowl is a straightforward dish of rooster, egg, broth, and seasoning. Oyakodon, funnily sufficient, interprets actually to “parent-and-child” rice bowl. The mum or dad is the rooster and the kid is the egg. I like that this dish is filled with diet however best takes about 30 mins to make.
How one can Make a Easy (and Wholesome) Oyakodon Bowl
Historically, oyakodon is made with a dashi broth (constituted of kelp and fish flakes), however I selected to make use of rooster broth because it’s more straightforward to seek out. I nearly at all times have some available. I additionally selected to make use of maple syrup rather than subtle sugar. Right here’s how I put it in combination:
- Combine rooster broth, coconut aminos, and maple syrup and warmth.
- Cook dinner onions and mushrooms within the broth aggregate after which upload the rooster.
- When the rooster is cooked, upload the overwhelmed eggs and snow peas and prepare dinner till company.
- Spoon the combination over rice and serve.
It actually is a straightforward, simple, and fast meal! I love to make additional to serve for lunch during the week too.
In case you love the umami and candy flavors of Eastern meals or the highly spiced flavors of Thai meals, you’ll love those easy Asian foods:
- Asian Lettuce Wraps – After I’m on the lookout for one thing easy however filling for lunch I steadily select those P.F. Chang copycat lettuce wraps.
- Mandarin Hen – Use almond flour for breading and best contemporary oranges and honey for sweetness. It’s as excellent (steadily higher) than take-out!
- Grilled Thai Shrimp Recipe – I like shrimp and am at all times on the lookout for new tactics to serve it. This recipe is unassuming to make and can provoke a crowd.
- Asian Colour Burst Salad – After I’m on the lookout for one thing gentle and veggie-packed, I like to throw in combination this easy salad.
- Thai Hen Curry – My circle of relatives is turning into massive lovers of curry dishes and I’m an enormous fan of the way easy this one is. This recipe is a straightforward and reasonably priced model of a cafe favourite.
- Chinese language Hen Stir-Fry – Stir-fries are one in every of my favourite foods for busy weeknights since they simply use one pan. This stir-fry is fast and simple to make and is stuffed with wholesome and nutrient-dense elements.
I’ve additionally been identified to throw in combination some noodles like those spaghetti squash Asian noodles or shirataki noodles to head with the sort of foods or the oyakodon bowl.
Fast Oyakodon Bowl Recipe
A quick and simple Eastern dish with rooster, egg, onion, and mushrooms served over rice.
- 2 cups rooster broth
- ½ cup coconut aminos (or wheat unfastened tamari)
- 2 TBSP maple syrup
- 1 onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms (thinly sliced)
- 4 rooster breasts (reduce into strips)
- 4 inexperienced onions (reduce into 1-inch items)
- 6 eggs (overwhelmed)
- 12 snow peas (thinly sliced)
- 4 cups cooked white rice
In a saucepan, mix the rooster broth, coconut aminos, and maple syrup.
Deliver to a boil then scale back to low warmth.
Upload ¼ cup of this combination to a skillet and upload the sliced onion and mushrooms and prepare dinner for three mins.
Upload the rest sauce, rooster, and inexperienced onions to the skillet and prepare dinner for any other 7 mins or till the rooster is not purple.
With out stirring, pour the overwhelmed eggs into the skillet aggregate and scale back warmth to medium low.
Sprinkle the snow peas excessive and prepare dinner till the eggs are company.
Frivolously divide the rice between bowls and spoon the rooster and egg aggregate over it.
Snow peas aren’t historically a part of this dish, however I love them in it. Be happy to personalize it with your individual selection.
Energy: 669kcal | Carbohydrates: 67g | Protein: 65g | Fats: 14g | Saturated Fats: 4g | Ldl cholesterol: 390mg | Sodium: 1080mg | Potassium: 1352mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 9g | Diet A: 576IU | Diet C: 9mg | Calcium: 95mg | Iron: 3mg
Have you ever ever attempted an oyakodon bowl? How do you are making it?